Are you Green?

Do you really care about being green?
I do not care honestly. Im I the only one that is like this?

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 5:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I care what the earth is gonna be like when my children are my age.
    Anonymous

• I do little things like turn off the lights and recycle.
    Other than that I don't buy into purchasing "earth friendly" bags at the store.
    I can just reuse my old plastic/paper bags. Just another gimmic IMO.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 6:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I buy the reusable bags, changed out my lightbulbs, keep the temperature lower in the winter and higher in the summer, and adjusted the temperature on my water heater. I try to do the easy things...but they don't offer recycling at my house so I wish I could do that
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I didn't care really. I was sick about hearing about global warming, and everything else. But we have made simple and easy fixes to our life that may make it better for our kids future and the Earth. Thanks to my son who is almost and wants to do the "3 R's". We now use reuseable shopping bags to cut down on the plastic in the landfills, we are also thining of trying Laundry Magnetics to cut down on polluting the Earth with the waste from our laundry and it also uses less water. We also re-use lots of containers for things. We just clean them out and store things in them rather than throw them out. We would recycle but there isn't alot of options in our area for this just yet.
    Anonymous

• eh, we make toke efforts, We use CFL's and try to keep the electricity down but its more to save money than the enviroment.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I try to do my part, within reason. I recycle all paper, cardboard, cans, plastics and glass. However, we have a SUV because it's the vehicle that works for our family, and if I'm cold I turn the heat up. The things I do to be green are things that don't take that much work/sacrifice on my part.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 7:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I don't go out of my way to be green. I don't go out of my way to not be green. I just try to use common sense. I think it is all just a way for someone to make a big ass truck load of money convincing us to use special products or buy only certain things ie sustainable wood. Do you know what that means? It means the timber company has had its employees take some classes on safe logging, they fill out a bunch of paper work, and BAM! you have substainable wood. It's all freakin' substainable. It's a tree. You cut it; you plant another; you wait 15-20 years and you cut it; then you do the whole thing over. My husband has been a procurement forester for 30 years. This whole thing is one giant cluster f****!
    Anonymous

• I agree with other posters. The steps we have taken were to save money. if its good for the economy even better. But, I haven't made dramatic changes or invested in "green" alternatives.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I do what I can, but I refuse to buy the expensive products.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:40 AM on Apr. 28, 2009