Cloth or Disposable??

Also I was looking up on the internet about the cloth and I always seen the diapers that are like a think blanket, how do you make a blanket into a diaper??? I'm lost

ZammiesMommy

Asked by ZammiesMommy at 6:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• You lay it out flat, fold the sides in, lay the baby on top, fold the front flap up and secure it to the back. It looks complicated, but it's pretty easy! I'll be using cloth diapers on my son (he's due in August.) They're so much better for your baby and the environment.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 6:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• cheaper in the long run, but disposable is so much easier. Like when you're out and about, who wants to carry a poopy cloth diaper around with you when you can just change it and throw it away? just my personal preference.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I've tried both and while cloth takes more time, it was alot nicer on the wallet! I use disposable now because I work during the day so I'm not at home to clean up my son.
    Anonymous

• use both, cloth at home, disposalbe when out.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Disposable. When i researched it, it's actually not any cheaper to use cloth diapers. You have to take into consideration the upfront costs of cloth diapers this depends on brand. And then how many loads of laundry you are doing a week (money and environmental). And with most cloth you can't use diaper cream and or it breaks the diapers down and my son needs it every diaper change. On my budget, it would cost me more to use cloth and harm the environment more. :)

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Sometimes, it depends on the child. I tried cloth with my daughter, but she had very sensitive skin and she would develope yeast infections (even when changed immediately!). I had to go with disposables for her. Also, if your child will be in daycare, if you work, most of them require disposable.
    InsaneReality

Answer by InsaneReality at 2:54 AM on May. 1, 2009