can you boil pasta in milk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Ew. Umm..I don't know? I've never heard of this. Sounds kind of yucky.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 6:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• well, I think the milk would thicken up too much? I could be wrong, but the thought of that just made me vomit in my mouth a little. Sorry I am not much of a milk person.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 6:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Milk + water. I think if you tried to do it with just milk, the milk would burn or curdle or something.

Anonymous

• boil it in water and then drain after the noodles are soft/done and put the noodles back in the pan with a little mild and add your seasoning packet or what ever your using and you should be alright.
    Anonymous

• milk typo
    Anonymous

• You'd have to have about a gallon of milk, and I don't think you could get it hot enough to cook the pasta. Say you got the milk to a rolling boil, then it would scorch on the bottom of the pot if you tried to keep up the rolling boil, which is what the pasta needs to boil. You can cook the pasta in milk in the oven for a long time, it should work.

Answer by Bmat at 6:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• *If you're going to try the milk/water combo, do it at least half and half, or put in more water than milk. Maybe add a tbsp of butter.
    Anonymous

• I honestly have no idea how to go about doing that, but I am curious; why do you want to boil it in milk?

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 6:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I don't know. I guess you could boil it in anything you want. But that sure does sound disgusting!!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 6:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No, you cannot, the milk will burn.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2009