Formula??

How much does formula cost? And how much do you go through a week? I am trying to get an estimate for budget reasons. Thank you!

ZammiesMommy

Asked by ZammiesMommy at 6:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• your best bet is to go to the grocery store and price it out!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I believe its 65 dollars for 31 cans =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• well i used similac advance and it cost a little over 13 dollars a can. but we found it to be cheaper to buy the big can at a little over 24 dollars. and with the $13 can we would go through about a little over 21/2 cans to 3 cans a week. and of course with the $24 can we would go through about 1 to 11/2. you can also try and apply for WIC they give you like 9 cans a month plus gallons of milk, cereal, peanut butter, eggs, cheese, beans, juice.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Good start liquid concentrate cans that is.
    SandraB383

• we get similac advanced. it costs 15 dollars for the small can of powder and we go through about 2 a week with a 5 month old. And he eats baby food too.
    I would just go to the grocery store you do your shopping at and price the kind you want.
    good luck
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• We use Enfamil. If you go to BJ's you can get a 38 oz can for about $34. At Walmart a 24oz can is $27, so it really is a better deal at BJ's. Right now at 7 months we go through a can a week.
    Anonymous

• I used powdered Enfamil. We went through an average of 12 cans per month, but my guys ate a LOT (average 45oz per day)

That's 12 cans per month per kid. I'm at the high end of "norm" for how much they ate.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No clue what it is now but with my last child (who was born in 2006) we used store brand, the biggest canister of dry formula you could get which was between $13 and $15 depending on where you bought it and we went through about 1 can every 7 days (you can usually make 1 can last 2 weeks when they are newborns).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'm not sure of the cost. it's been a while, but it really pays to go to BJ's or Costco for it. Diapers too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2009