Do babies start off a certain gender, or does it develope over time?

I know its dumb...but if I am 4 weeks pregnant is my babies gender already present or does it develope over the next weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The babies gender has already been determined, but you won't be able to tell this early.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• They're chromosomes are there but the sex organs dont' develop until later. So, it knows what it's going to be but just hasn't developed yet
    Anonymous

• Like Zakysmommy said - it's already determined. Reason being that the sperm is carrying either the X or Y chromosome.
    Anonymous

• the gender is determined when the sperm gets to the egg...not a stupid question...
    Anonymous

• The babies gender is already determined at conception. But when they start to develop their organs they all start out as little girls, then if they're gonna be a boy it just keeps on growing and developing.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Not a dumb question. Like the other's said the sex of the baby is already determined. How exciting for you when you actually find out!! Good Luck! That was one of the best days of my life, when we found out the sex of our daughter!!
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 6:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009