How is the economy....

doing in your state? We are thinking of moving to another state. Please tell what state you live in and how are job layoffs or is your state doing ok.
I know california is in bad shape, but what about your area.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• It depends on what sector of work someone's in for my state, Colorado. My husband is a state employee who works as a technician with mentally/phsyically/emotionally disabled people. That job market is in need of people. The oil fields and construction businesses are not fairing well at all. The fact that people are experiencing job loss in those areas affects a whole lot of other businesses, too. For example, my brothers worked for a door manufacturing company. They both got laid off due to lack of demand because no new building is happening.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 6:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I am from Colorado MommyDumDum but thank you for your response I should have put that in my question. Thanks
    Anonymous

• I am in Kentucky and the job market is SO SO.
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 7:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Don't bother with New York, unless you like layoffs and taxes out the wazoo.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I am in the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area. Unemployment is low compared to the rest of the country. I believe it is 4.5 percent for the two cities. John Deere is hiring they are good paying jobs. Target is hiring as well opening a huge warehouse and needs managers for a new store.
    Anonymous

• That is Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa.
    Anonymous

• I'm in Austin and it isn't doing great here especially if you work for large companies or mom and pop shops. I see about four stores a week close where I live which really aren't very good odds. That being said its doing a lot worse some other places and at least the housing is super cheap here! Good Luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2009