What does a maid of honor do? HELP!!!!

I am a maid of honor for 2 of my friend, and I have no clue what to do! Do I have throw their parties for them?? I can't I don't ave anyfriends... Also my friend is getting married in june and I am just finish up this semester at school.... I don't know how I am going to have time or money for anything!

LainysMommy

Asked by LainysMommy at 6:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• a maid of honor is there to help and support the bride in making wedding decisions. and yes it would be your duty to throw her bridal/bachelorette party. now you can ask another bridesmaid to help you split the cost. and if you can't be in the wedding due to money issues just tell her im sure she would understand.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Anonymous

• you should try to do a party or something but if you cant just tell the mother of the bride that you need help because you have school and not a lot of money but MAKE sure you do something! send out the invites and when she opens the gifts make sure you wright down the name of the person who sent the gift and what they got so the bride and groom know who to say thanks to! make sure you make your self there for her when she gets her dress and your dress! your main job is to help her with anything she needs! if she is calling you in tears in the middle of the night because she has cold feet you go to her house and make her feet nice and hot! GOOD LUCK
    Anonymous

• You can always respectfully decline, sweetie! It's better than regretting it and getting into a fight over something. There are a LOT of good websites to help you out with it. But, usually...the MOH does throw the bridal shower/bachelorette party. Usually the Mother of the bride wants to help with the bridal shower, but sweetie, it's not your friends that go. It's friends of the bride. Have her get a list of people together with their addresses. To the bridal shower, you invite family from BOTH sides. The grooms, and the brides. For the bachelorette party, you invite younger people, her friends and such. There are also lots of books and stuff. But you should be there for dress fittings, helping her run errunds, making sure she has everything, unless they have a wedding coordinator. See? This is why you need a book or website to help you. You can Private Message me if you want, and I'll be happy to help!
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• for the parties, what we did for my sisters wedding, the maid of honor through the bridal shower, the bridesmaids did the bach. party. as for you not having the friends to invite, its not your friends you invite its hers. just ask her who she wants and for addresses or phone numbers and go from there. also, you could ask her mother and the future MIL (if they get along) to help w/the shower. we threw my sisters at her future MIL's house and had each good friend or close family member bring some kind of food or drink. for the bach party, everyone invited was asked to bring a bottle of something, and we just provided snack foods. then the bridesmaids split the cost for a limo...you can drink what everyone brought in the limo so you don't spend alot when you go to bars
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• In addition to helping her make decisions and throwing a party for her, you also help her dress and make sure she has everything she needs on the wedding day. It is a good idea to have a comb, some hairpins, a small sewing kit, a couple bandaids, some safety pins. The party only needs to be the bride, you, and the bridesmaids. The bride's and groom's mothers, maybe. You can reserve a table at a small restaurant and explain (at the time of inviting) to people your financial dilemma and say they are all responsible for their own tab, you'd pay the bride's, unless you arrange with the other ladies to split it. If you can, it would be nice to arrange a wedding shower for her, too. You can keep it cheap by serving just pound cake and ice cream, for example, or having pot luck. As far as guests, ask her.

Answer by Bmat at 6:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• http://www.bridesmaid101.com/maid_of_honor_duties.html

Answer by admckenzie at 7:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2009