The most ridiculous request!!

My boyfriend, son, & I are going on a day trip tomorrow. I had to get some $ from my account for gas, etc. (I had more than I thought I did.) My BF left me his car [in a parking lot down the street b/c the title loan man may come get it (yeah, he pawned it)] so I can drive it to work 2morrow, then pick up my bf and then head out. (We don't live 2gether.) He said since I had some extra $, go buy him some cigs & come to his apt. (It's 15mins away plus it's rush hour.) I told him I just got off work, I have to feed/bathe our son, & get packed for 2morrow. I'm tired & I don't feel like it. Plus cigs aren't a necessity! (He said they were a necessity.) I also told him that just b/c I had extra $ doesn't mean I want to blow it on BS. He got mad at me b/c I wouldn't bring him cigs. Then he asked 4 me 2 come early in the morning or during my lunch break. WTF?! Does he have the right to be mad? Or am I right? He's such a jerk!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Uh??? Why would you even consider supporting his habit. AND my grandmother "Rest Her Soul" always advised that you NEVER let a man know you have extra ESPECIALLY when he is not able to carry his load. Don't kick him while he is down but NEVER let him know about some extra. Because at some point in time you are going to need what you call extra to take care of real necessities (food, rent, car note, light bill, hair, nails, etc.)

You let the cat out of the bag this time but you need to tighten up.
    CocoaB

Answer by CocoaB at 7:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• He doesn't sound like much of a catch. He sounds selfish and inconsiderate.

Answer by Bmat at 6:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Don't tell him about your money situation. He's a loser!
    Anonymous

• should have just got him smokes and had him pay you back...to smokers they are a necessity. Thank goodness I quit though.
    Anonymous

• No he doesnt have the right to be mad... But will that stop him frm bein mad UHHHH No!!! But I agree w her dont let him knw your $ situation especially if yall not together... and what was the rush cldnt he have gotten them himself??? Some men are crazy...
    JaYsMoMmY09

Answer by JaYsMoMmY09 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I agree with Bmat..........does not sound like you picked a winner. Reassess what you have going on. Cigarettes are crazy expensive--addictive yes, but not needed. I would not do it at all. Tell him to walk his own bottom to the store.  Even the car situation sounds sneaky and wrong.  Watch out, please!

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2009