Did your Doctor ever tell you this?

Only have sex 2-3 times a week and only with a condom. Without one is bad...I am having a perfect pregnancy and I am 13 weeks....

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 6:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no, i think you should get another doctor. unless you have some medical condition you are not aware about. i would ask him why?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• no. the only reason I would be able to see is to use a condom if you are outside of a relationship, incase the other person has an STD, which some can cause harm to the baby or the baby can get! Hope this helps!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• She said she had a woman lose the baby at 15 weeks and it was because I guess seman??
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 7:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• ummm i've never heard of someone losing a baby b/c of sperm. i would maybe look into getting another doc. unless i'm totally wrong about that, but i've had 4 diff docs with both pregnancies and not one said anything like that when asked about sex
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Sperm is actually good for your cervix when your pregnant. It helps to soften it up and help it get ripe so that when you are actually in labor, it dilates easier. I have never heard anything like what your doctor said. Sorry but I gotta LOL!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• And what I said up there is actually what my mid-wife told me and my husband, bc he was scared to have sex while we were preg. BTW sex is great for pregnancies!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• NO. If you are having a healthy, uncomplicated pregnancy, you can have sex three times a day if you feel like it. I would not have casual sex with people whose health you're not intimately aware of, but there is no reason that you and a disease-free partner can't go for it as much as you like.

This kind of misinformation is kind of a red flag that your dr states opinions like facts and doesn't rely on medical research. Find another dr before that actually becomes a real problem for your healthy, happy birth!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009