Does this make sense?

My fiance and I are having money troubles. We have a three year old and another on the way. He works, and I stay home with our son, and will stay home with our next one. I have an older sister who is married with no kids. She and my BIL both have full time jobs. My dad and his side of the family give my sister and BIL EVERYTHING from rent money to entertainment and back again, along with everything in between. I asked them for a hundred dollars to help get the baby a new crib and some other things that we will eventually need and that I could pay them back next month because we have JUST enough money to pay rent soon. They told me they had NO money. They had already spent all of their pay checks. Every single one told me that. I KNOW they give my sister and BIL money and other things because I've seen it, and they have told me more than once that they do. Does this make ANY sense? Is there logic behind this that I don't see?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Oh and I didn't mention that my sister and BIL DO NOT pay them back. My dads side also payed for their ENTIRE wedding, after they said they weren't going to. Honestly my dads side has given those two about 15 GRAND since August.
    Anonymous

• Wow, they need to grow up!
    Anonymous

• It doesn't seem fair, but their money is theirs' to do with as they wish. They don't owe anyone anything and are not obligated to give anyone anything. Even though it is hurtful to feel that you are being treated unfairly, try to move past it and succeed on your own.

Answer by Bmat at 7:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Someone is playing favorites. thats not cool.
    my family does the same thing. hands everything over to my brother, but if i ever ask for anything, they dont have it. Guess id be the "BLACK SHEEP" of the family. i dont get how people can do that to people they call family.
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 7:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• If you guys are that tight on money then you should get a part-time job
    Anonymous

• i just want to make myself feel better. i just honestly do not see where they're coming from! i've asked why they do it, and they don't have a reason. i can honestly say, i would be better off without them in my life. they dont do anything for me anyways, including not inviting us to holiday functions on "accident", and it would be less stress... makes sense though, if i just didnt talk to them at all, right?
    Anonymous

• i am looking for a part time job at the moment, and we have plenty of money saved so its not like we NEEDED the money, it would've just been nice, ya know? the "extra" money we have during the month went to something else, that i dont really want to talk about right now because this isnt the time or place, but thats a different story.... its not like im not doing anything and just sitting here watching us struggle. i AM trying... it just sucks that my sister gets all the "treatment" while i get crapped on, at least thats how i feel..
    Anonymous

• Maybe they don't give you money b/c of your attitude in the above answer???
    Anonymous

• anon :09
    thanks but no thanks for the "answer"
    but i havent told my family how i feel. im not one to express my feelings to ones that are close to me.
    Anonymous

• You dont' have to TELL them how you feel. I'm sure they sense it
    Anonymous