Crawling before sitting up

So my son is almost 8 months and has been crawling for about a month. He still can't sit up on his own. He can, however, get in the sitting position when he's crawling but he supports himself with one hand. I try using the bumbo, but he hates it. I try sitting him up but he just starts crawling. Is there anything I can do to help him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he will eventually get the hang of it. he just doesn't trust himself yet. he just wants to be on the move. he will sit up soon.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It will come with time and practice on his part, dont force him. My dd started crawling at 5 months, standing at 7 months and sitting shortly after standing. It doesnt matter what order as long as he can get it, it wont be long!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• mine is doing the same thing!!! I think she just want to MOVE. she CAN sit up, but gets distracted. she is a little over 7 months. i am not worried, she holds her head up, and crawls, and does every thing else, just doesn't want to sit still. :)
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 7:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• He's very very close to sitting. My son will be 9 months next week and was doing the exact same thing until about 2 weeks ago but had been crawling since 7 months. Now he's sitting like a pro!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• In my experience, the sitting thing seems to come out of nowhere... like one day they totally can't do it, and then all the sudden they can. No worries!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• And I would lay off on the bumbo... supposedly it's fine if they like it to have a place they can play with toys, etc, but it actually encourages bad posture.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• He'll get it on his own time. He's other reflexes seem to be fine, so I wouldn't worry about it being from any health issues. As you see above, it is pretty common.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2009