How long can you use the excuse "I just had a baby"?

I still have about 7 lbs to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight so my jeans don't fit right yet. I had my baby 3 months ago and I want to know how long I can use her as an excuse...lol. And how long did it take you to get back to your pre baby weight?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son is two, and I still find myself saying that sometimes. lol
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• ummm i say that excuse works for a year. i used it for 2 though sometimes....hehe
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'm still using it and my baby is 30 lol

Answer by admckenzie at 7:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• minimum you can use it 6 months. Max I've heard people with kids that are 20 + blame being "chunky" on the "baby" How long did it take me to get all of it off 4 mos.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• But I can use it forever on my boobs right? I mean, those things aren't coming back!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I used it for like 6 months but that is because I am wicked lazy, and I didn't start exercising until he was about 3 months old (I had no motivation and I had no one to look good for- hubby was deployed) But then I stared getting sick of my bread dough stomach and did something about it.
    And I AM going to use it forever on my boobs because they are completely GONE. Not that I had a whole lot to begin with, but seriously, really? Whats with that?
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 7:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I am still trying to convince myself that it is the baby wait but it has been 2 1/2 years. It actually is my baby weight it just have not left yet. lol It is hard to lose this weight......I am still the same weight post pregnancy minus 3lbs.
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 7:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My baby is 3 mons I have been dieting and excersing and still have not lost any weight.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Mine is 22 months and I'm still using it LOL.Any time hubby mentions it I ask him how many kids he pushed out of his crotch lol.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 7:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It takes most people around 9 months to a year to lose all their weight. If you are nursing you will probably keep 5 to 10 lbs on until you stop nursing.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2009