chest congestion

anyone have any home remedies for clearing up chest congestion? i have asthma and a cold together its not fun

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Health

• well if you are not pregnant then i would suggest some very strong hard liquor. like wild turkey or hennessy it works wonders for me. you can also try sitting in a hot and steamy room. go in the bathroom and run the hot water in your tub and sink. or sit in a room with a vaporizer. you can also try some spicy salsa and i mean very spicy.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 7:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• What helps me is breathing in steam, such as standing in a steamy shower. However, I don't have asthma, and I don't know how that would affect your breathing.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 7:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Vaporizer. I have asthma too and usually end up at the doctors office getting an Rx for a cough syrup that has codeine in it to clear up the congestion. I also have an Albuterol Inhaler. I never mess around when it comes to anything to do with breathing. If I don't treat a cold , I end up with Bronchitis.

Steam helps.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i went to the doc they gave me a breathing treatment and an rx for the inhaler ,which im doing everyday, but it doesnt help with the cold. and i tried the spicy thing, it works, but i put so much spice into what i ate that i got an upset stomach but atleast i could breathe! lol, thanks ladies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2009