Public Pool while pregnant?

I know that swimming in a lake or river might be dangerous that's not what I am asking. I am asking if in a public pool is it okay to go swimming? I'll be about three months when the public pool opens here. I know wear plenty or sunscreen and don't jump in. But, other than that do you think its okay?
~heather tilton~

heathertilton08

Asked by heathertilton08 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Say what?
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 7:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I went to the lake a ton when I was pregnant. Why, what's wrong with it??
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• yeah! I went swimming all the time while pregnant! It's tough being prego in the summer, and the only way I could deal was to go swimming! Unless there's been an outbreak of some disease in your area, I say go for it.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 7:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Sorry I didn't see where you mentioned swimming while pregnant and was very confused.

There is no harm that I'm aware of with swimming in the pool. I wasn't aware that there was harm in swimming in the lake, so I've learned something new today.

Don't hesitate to call your OB office to ask these questions. That is a part of what you pay them for. ;-)
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 7:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'm six months....my only concerned is feeling like a cow in a maternity suit. It'll be okay, just don't swallow a bunch of pool water or anything.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• yeah.. go swimming!
    Anonymous

• I believe most ickies are killed by the chlorine... but my mid wife suggested I stick to pvt. pools....
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I swam in a lake during my pregnancies, and pool is fine as well. In fact, it's highly recommended by drs and midwives! No diving or jumping in, and of course use common sense...but you know that. Go for it!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• if it wasn't ok to go swimming then they wouldn't make swimming suits for pregnant girls!!! i am going to swim all the time! im about 7weeks now and ill be at the pool everyday! enjoy your time and swim! and its ok to swim in a lake or pond or ocean no big deal! have a good summer!!

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I went swimming in the lake all the time when I was pregnant. Why would it not be ok? A public pool is fine as well
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009