How do train your daughter's hair to part correctly?

My daughter is almost 9. I know I probably should have started "training" her hair before now, but I didn't. I've always just kind of brushed and went on. However, she's noticed that other girls have these perfect parts and she wants her hair to look like that too. I've been trying to help her, but I just can't get a good part. Most people have one swirl where their hair grows from in the top back part of their head, but my daughter has two swirls. I think this is part of the problem. Any suggestions?

sparrowprincess

Asked by sparrowprincess at 7:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• mouse, hair spray and gel will leave that look like the part has been forced, whereas mouse will leave a softer look. just use it on a regular basis. maybe when she is running around the house pigtails to keep it parted.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I just asked the lady the other day when i had my girls hair cut, she said in our case we will not be able to retrain it because of the way the hair is growing, it sounds like your daughters hair is the same as my girls and my girls are alot younger than yours.
    Mom2SKMB

Answer by Mom2SKMB at 10:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Mom2SKMB is right. However, what you can do is have her take a shower and part it while it's still wet and let it dry. Add hair spray when necessary.

It works for me and a lot of other people I know.
    I had a middle part for the longest time and I wanted a side part :D
    fallen_tennyo

Answer by fallen_tennyo at 11:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Hair has a natural part. Comb it straight back while it is wet, and you should be able to see it.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:58 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• After you wash it part it the way you want it and then blowdry it that way and when you blowdry near the part use the cool option on the blowdryer to set it that way a few weeks of doing that should set that part. Hope it works!!
    ladybug.ky88

Answer by ladybug.ky88 at 1:11 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Ladybug has the right idea! Also try putting a clip in (near her bangs) to hold the hair back, and tame the hair for it's new part!
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 2:18 AM on May. 6, 2009