Acne Treatment Advice!

Does anyone know any effective natural remedies for facial acne and acne scarring? I am 38, so I do not know why I am still having this problem. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Health

• For the acne-- keep your skin as clean as possible. I got those facial wipes and do a quick clean in the middle of the day.

For the scars--I read somewhere that dermatologists will use frequent microdermabrasion to exfoliate the top layer, and continuing forcing the skin to renew itself. Since I got pregnant, I've had more acne, and the scarring has also gotten worse. So I bought the Olay microdermabrasion kit-- the 2 step kit, and so far so good. I use it twice a week (too chicken to do anything more frequent). I do admit that my skin feels pretty amazing afterward.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I am 37 and still breakout. I use Neutrogena Foaming Face Wash, it's in a pump. During the summer, I keep my face as grease free as possible. I wash my face with just water, throughout the day. Other than washing your face twice a day, I don't have any idea.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Something I recently learned about faces, oil, & acne. Cleanse daily, follow by oil free facial lotion. Your body needs to be hydrated. If you buy a facial lotion it shouldn't have oils in it and it will get the moisturizer it needs. When your skin is dry, your body produces oils to try and help compensate that dryness. If you keep it moisturized, it will cut back the amount of oil it produces. Try looking into Mary Kays Timewise 3 in 1 cleanser for Oily/combination face wash along w/ the Timewise age fighting moisturizer. Mary Kay also makes a microdermabraision kit. They also make some more specific items for acne control like the acne treatment gel. It's only $7.00 for a tube. If you spend more than $30.00 (I think it's $30), then they guarantee your products...if they're not working they'll swap them out for something else. Usually you can get a break with an ongoing special, so ask. www.marykay.com/elisaangulo
    ranze11617

Answer by ranze11617 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Wash twice daily with a soft washcloth and a mild soap, like a baby soap. Use a honey mask everyday (just honey); mix in a little baking soda every three days to exfoliate. Use a light, oil free moisturizer.
    Some people are helped by a vegan diet.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2009