Thinning Hair - Help!

Does anyone know of any effective treatments - natural or otherwise (but preferably natural) - for thinning hair around the hairline? Over the years, I have been noticing much less hair, and thinner hair, around my hairline. It is really bringing down my self esteem, and making me feel unattractive. Has anyone out there had this problem and reversed it with any treatments? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• My grandmother swears by biotin. You should talk to your doctor about alopecia-- that's hair loss, explained or not. There may be a more serious condition.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Have you been to the doctor to make sure you don't have a thyroid problem? It might be a medical problem causing this. Might ask your doctor to check into it. You can get prescriptions for special shampoos as well. GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I lost hair, A LOT of hair, around my hairline a few months after giving birth to each one of my sons. My second son is only 4 months old, so I don't know if it's just a temporary thing yet. I would say talk to a doctor and express your concerns.
    Teresagreb

Answer by Teresagreb at 8:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Have your thyroid checked. Good nutrition is essential. Message me if you want more info.
    Mary
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 2:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2009