Am I worrying too much ?

My son is heading onto 10 months.
So far he is normal acting everything seems okay
just except a new little thing he did....
When he either sits or I'm changing his diaper he stops breathing for about 10 seconds . Seems like he struggles because he cries after like it hurts.
I have taken him to his pediatric
he says sometimes it's a fit to catch attention but idk im not convinced.
has anyone experienced these episodes ?
idk where to go from here
should i get blood work or x-rays done ?

Gen1713

Asked by Gen1713 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• if it was me, i'd request a referal to another pediatrician to get a second opinion. you dont' have to explain anything, if your doc argues, just tell him "look this is my baby, i have a feeling its something more, and i'm sorry but i can't put his health into just one persons hands" if he still argues or refuses to do it, than go see one on your own. i had doctors tell me i was crazy for 2 years over my daughters snoring, and when i said she stops breathing at night they said oh thats normal. til i bugged enough to get a sleep study done, and they saw just how bad it was and removed her tonsils (when she was 2) about 2 days later b/c they were so concerned after the study. so i am all for being pushy with a doctor if you have a gut feeling about your kids. its your child's health, and its not showing your doctor you don't trust him, just that you want another persons perspective as well.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I woud get another opinion...it is always better to be safe than sorry...that doesn't sound normal to me, you are your childs best advocate and if you fee something is wrong there probably is...get it checked out you will feel beter that you did
    cougarkristi

Answer by cougarkristi at 11:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Get a second opinion! That second opinion saved my ds's life.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yes, definetly get a second opinion....do what you feel is right.
    marzbee

Answer by marzbee at 7:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• To me it sounds like acid reflux which would occur most when the baby is laying flat on his back. I agree that you should get another opinion. You are the parent and if you feel uncomfortable that the DR. is not doing the job there are plenty of others that will. Know one knows your child like you do and more times than not the parent is right. Oh by the way acid reflux is not just a adult condition. My other thought would be tonsils and adenoids. Both are easily treated so try not to worry.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 12:00 AM on May. 8, 2009