Anyone scared about the new flu

I'm pregnant and in medical sales. I am in and out of hospitals all day. Do you think I should stay clear until the scare is over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Where are you? Are you in an area that already has confirmed cases? You may want to speak with your doctor about this, but the flu, regular or swine, is very dangerous for pregnant women. Maybe you can just wear a mask when you go into the hospitals. Make sure you're washing your hands and not touching your face.
    Anonymous

• If you feel it is better, than do so, but personally have learned not to listen to media. It could be another scare that could be nothing.
    Anonymous

• if you aren't in an area where its been an issue, than it shouldn't be a problem as long as you take precautions (mask, hand washing etc..) i would just mention it to your doc and see what he/she says about it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Anon 7:13 - This is not a media hype. This origniated from Mexico...they have not done their job to figure out where this came from and they have not been treating their own people. That's why there's so many dead. I live in Texas...Richardson, just a city over from us, shut down an Elementary school today for the entire week because they have confirmed cases of this flu. It's not a joke...it's something pretty serious. If you're not in an affected area, that's great...but for those of us who are...it's pretty scary. They don't know how it came to affect humans, it has strains from birds, pigs and humans. Right now it's not killing people in the US...yet...but it could evolve into something much worse and people could start dieing. I don't take anything like this lightly. This flu has already reach Spain, France and New Zealand.
    Anonymous

• I would be very careful!! As soon as i heard about it i started spraying my flu spray around my apt! I live in ny where its infected im pretty scared myself about it!!
    midnightstar21

Answer by midnightstar21 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I am, so I've limited my social activity to work at the moment. However my husband works in a school, so I'm more worried about him giving it to me. At the present time there are no cases in my state, but I'm be cautious.
    MelHar

Answer by MelHar at 12:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2009