How do i get my 15 month old to eat vegie's or anything other then bread for that matter?

I have tried everything to get my son to eat vegies, fruit, anything but bread but he won't if he does its like two bites and hes done how do i get him to eat more than bread?

cage0101

Asked by cage0101 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If my son had a say he would eat a whole loaf at once~ plain :P (I don't know how he could...), LOL

I just tell him no and leave it at that. I put food in front of him and if he doesn't eat so be it. He eventually gives in and eats. And to help him forget about bread put it up somehwere out of sight. Just bare with the screaming and fits...he will get hungry enough that he will eat anything :) (Good Luck)
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 8:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Give him a plate with his servings of the meal on it. No bread.

If he takes two bites and is done, so be it. Let him go, clear his plate and don't give him anything until his next meal.

He won't go long without eating more than two bites. Just don't offer him bread for a while, make that his special treat! If he eats his meal, he can have a piece (or 1/2 piece) of bread as "dessert".

The biggest thing is to just stop giving him plain bread...maybe a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Toasted cheese sandwich?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Don't give in. This will become a power struggle and all children will try to win the fight with food. My LO knows nothing other than real food (fruits, veggies, and protein) at this point. He will eventually give in and eat what is put in front of him. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Start giving him his bread dipped in pureed fruit and veggies.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• They all go through picky phases, just be sure what he is eating is healthy, and that he is drinkling lots of water.
    Give him only whole grain bread; be sure the the first ingredient is whole something.
    Get a bag of frozen peas, and give him a few (still frozen). He will roll them around and eat some.
    Make baked "fries" with sweet potatoes or acorn squash.
    Kids love to dip; give him a dish of hummus or ranch dressing with zucchini spears, grape tomatoes, lettuce.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Stop giving him the bread. Seriously - he'll eat something else!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• just to add to the other posts, you should give him a multi-vitamin. Enfamil Poly-Vi-Sol with his milk or water.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2009