Can you please give me some advice??

I have a protective order against my babies father. So he hasn't seen her since January 1st. things were very ugly and got violent (long story) so anyways...we have court friday to decide if the order should be permanent or if I should dismiss it. I feel bad he hasn't seen his child, but I really am kinda scared of him. I would love to be able to exchange our daughter in peace and get along for her sake. I DO NOT want to be toether though. Should I dismiss the order or keep it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• " but I really am kinda scared of him"

You just answered your own question. Why would you let your child go with a man that you are "kinda scared of"? That's what protective orders are for.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Is there a way that he could have supervised visits, supervised by the court not you I mean. Then if things go well the order could be lifted then?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• If things got violent I wouldn't. I would not be willing to risk it specially if you are physically scared of him... JMO
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 8:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• If you are scared then keep the order in place. There are people that the court can order you to go through for supervised visitation. I know here in Fl it costs each parent 10 bucks. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My ex and I always exchanged the kids in front of the police department. With a security camera out front, everything was always being monitored.

Keep the protective order in place. I'd often wished I'd been able to get one...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• see if your community has an exchange location for such things. That way you can keep the order in place for you. you can drop the child off and he can pick the child up and return her later. No direct contact would be necessary. Back in my day i did the exchange at the police station.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Darling, I am in a situation right now because like you. I did not want to keep him away from his child , I just wanted us to be civial, I thought maybe he will eventually change. Perhaps I am blowing the situation out of control. KEEP THAT ORDER!!! I wish I had one right now. Because I went light on him am paying for it now.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Keep the order. Do not send your child to anybody that you are afraid of yourself. It is your job as mommy to keep that child safe, above all else. It's not worth the risk. When she's older she can decide for herself - for now, protect yourself and your child.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 9:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• If You dont stay first and jump back and fourth with your decision the court will not take you seriously .Your child is something else try to a aranged at court where is the safest location you to do the exchange and how many phone you can be allowed during the exchange .
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• KEEP THE ORDER. The problems have not gone away. He won't see his kid and suddenly turn into a nice guy. He scares you for a reason. He is dangerous.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2009