Is it safe to give those Mylecon gas drops to a newborn everyday??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I used to put them in every bottle every day. Peditrician said it was absolutely fine.
    ktandcjsmommy

Answer by ktandcjsmommy at 8:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• That is definitely something you need to be asking baby's doctor.

Not to sound like a jerk, but think about it- You're asking a bunch of unqualified strangers about administering medicine to your baby.

Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 8:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• According to my pedi. yes. The mylicon binds with the gas and moves through the intestine, when the gas comes out so does the drug.

You might want to find out the root cause though.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Mylecon Drops aren't absorbed by your baby's body at all so yes, they are completely safe to give as often as needed. I know some moms who would put a dose in every bottle. May I make a suggestion though? If you're having gas issues ...try gripe water. Something with Oil of Fennel and Sodium Bicarbonate in it (some types have a ton of ingredients...I've found that these two simple ingredients are all that is really needed). Anyway, it works wonders and once I discovered it, I never used Mylecon again. (Oh, also - make sure it is alcohol free). I used the Kolik brand, but I'm not sure where you can purchase it in the States.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• yes,but they recentaly had a recall on those i gess there was some metal in em
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i never used them. i used the homeopathic tables that disulve in the babys mouth, the are actully colic tablets at Walgreens but they works real good
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 1:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2009