is it okay to drink milk a few months after its expiration date?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• No.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I can't imagine that you'll be able to "drink" it. By then it should have curdled! I suppose if you can get over the smell, the taste, and the texture, you could eat it. I can't guarantee that it'll be good for you :)
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 8:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• of course, go ahead it shouldn't be a problem....while you are at it, give eating meat that is a few months expired a try too, and raw hamburger meat
    Anonymous

• No! Unless it's been frozen...then maybe. I think you would be very sorry if you drink that...
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 9:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Are you the same person that is posting all kinds of dumb questions? If so, you either need cooking classes, common sense or a slap upside the head.

NO, you cannot drink milk months after the expiration date. A 5 year old knows that.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Uh no! I don't even drink it if it's one day past expiration.
    Anonymous

• What? only if it has been frozen.. Your nose and eyes should be the test of this one anyway.. it should be chunky, off-colored and have a distinct smell... and I agree w/ above poster that has said "no, you cannot drink milk months after expiration date. A 5 year old knows that."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• No, proper etiquette is to use a spoon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Are you talking about liquid milk? A few months would be way too long. A couple days past the sell by date maybe, but not weeks and definitely not months.
    If it's powdered milk you 'might' get away with it, but I still wouldn't.
    wulfbourne

Answer by wulfbourne at 7:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2009