A good Nipple for a newborn

I have a 2 week old and currently have been using playtex slow flow nipples but i am always having to stop and pull the bottle out of his mouth beacuse it is spilling down his chin i have even tried the Nuk bottlles and nipples in newborn slow flow and no difference any suggestions on a good bottle and nipple

Newmomma9301

Asked by Newmomma9301 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you using the Playtex Drop In System or Ventaire? Try the Playtex Drop In System but use the brown colored nipple...not the clear colored one. I don't understand the difference, but both my daughter and a baby I babysit prefer the brown ones. (Slow Flow)

ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Until a baby gets the rhythm and flow of things and it can take several weeks then you have to pull it out and put it back in. We had this same problem when we switched to faster flowing nipples. They get used to it. Just give it some time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I used the playtex bottle that you put the bags in. It reduces colic and definately use the bottle with the brown nipple. Is more natural to them.
    ktandcjsmommy

Answer by ktandcjsmommy at 8:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• The best nipple is the one attached to your breast. Have you given breastfeeding a try?

Anonymous

• I used the playtex vent bottles. There really isn't a nipple that will help at this age because what she is doing is natural, in a few more weeks, the problems should reduce drastically.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:52 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• soothie,there the same ones the hospitals use
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• soothie or gerber
    Anonymous