what do u do w/ 5 yr old who calls his mom a fat b**** and i wish u would die?

not sure what happened to this question when i posted it earlier! not all of it is there so i will try again and give more information....this is a five year old who is unusually mean he smacks bites hits and cuses all the time. i have been friends with the parents in high school and have just became friends again as adults but this child scares me. i am afraid to leave my 1 yr old alone with him he has said "i want to beat the s*** out of that baby" he tells his mom she is a stupid fat b**** and wishes she would die. there is not any abuse in the home although if it was my child i think i would beat the crap out of him lol. but really i was wondering if anyone thought he could have mental issuse. i at first tried telling myself he is only 5 and will out grow this but the more he does and says i just dont think it is normal...if anyone has any input i would love to hear it thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• does his mom punish him when he is doing this? maybe he wants ALOT of attention???
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 8:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Five year olds don't magically learn words like fat bitch and say things like "i wish you would die" on their own. There most certainly is abuse going on somewhere because this 5yr old is repeating what he's hearing. Mental issues don't cause someone to say things they've never heard before...come on be logical here.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• He learned that stuff from somewhere. Whether his dad is saying it to his mom or vise versa. He could have also seen it on TV. The parents needs to say something to him and do some major punishment. I would say something to them. Seriously, if your scared about your baby being with him than tell them.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 8:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• The parents are completely at fault for not stopping this when it started. Not normal at all. If I were you I would let them know that until they get it under control you wont' be back.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• He's headed for juvi!!! OMG do they take them this young nowadays???
    Anonymous

• I would question what TV shows he's watching, what video games, etc that he's exposed to to learn those kinds of phrases. If he were my kid, I would have already been on him about it. His mother needs to speak with his teacher (if he's in school) and find out if he's saying this stuff in school, too, or if he's hanging out with kids who act like this. They need to get that under control.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• One, you need to find out where he is learning those words from and stop the cause immediately. Second you need to calmly explain to him why he is not to use those words and how they make people feel. If he does it again you need to spank him (If you don't use that source of punishment then sorry) put him in the corner for 5 minutes. When his time is up you go to him, look him in the eye, have him apologize to you and have HIM explain to you WHY he should not say that again.
    ktandcjsmommy

Answer by ktandcjsmommy at 8:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• That is not normal for a 5 year old. I tend to disagree with your belief that there's not abuse at home, because he has to learn it from somewhere, and most likely that's where. It doesn't have to be physical abuse - a husband calling his wife those things is abusing her and the kids that hear it.

Personally, I would not allow my kids anywhere near that child. And I wouldn't choose to be friends with people of such obvious poor moral character. But that's just me.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 9:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I agree with goldenfox.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• The child has learned this from somewhere alright.... his parents and their lack of taking control of him. This poor little kid is not going to be liked, he is not going to have friends and the parents friends are not going to want him around. I would suggest to them that they watch supernanny or nanny 911 for a start. No matter what our kids see or hear on TV it does not mean that they should be allowed to speak in such a manner. And they should not at the age of 5 be exposed to such language via programs that they should not be watching in the first place. Kids do not have to be hit to get them to behave. Sometimes taking things they like is harder on them. Something needs to be done. If you are watching this child I would make it clear that he will not speak to you like this or about them in your home or he will get a time out or they need to keep him from visiting. You and you home need to be respected by child and parent.
    gammiej

Answer by gammiej at 10:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009