• In the Spotlight:

Pre-K Graduation

My son is 'graduating' from Pre-K in a few weeks. The daycare where he attends wants to do a graduation ceremony! I mean cap and gown and everything. They want me to buy the cap and gown. I knows it's only 15 dollars but it seems so pointless. Why can they not just do an end of year program? Is it really necessary to have them dress up and receive diplomas? They are 4 and 5 years old for Pete's sake they have no idea what a diploma is and if we are lucky my son won't call the gown a dress. Anyone else think that all this is a little over the top for preschoolers?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Kids these days graduate from everything!Waste of money and pointless!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I had the exact same thoughts last yr when my g-daughter 'graduated from preschool. A nice little ceremony ask each kid what they want to be..good luck in Kinder is fine for me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• We did one with the cap and gown but it was no $15. That sounds like a lot. Could they just make paper caps with yarn tassles. When my daughters had theirs it was a little certificate not rolled up like a diploma. The kids did a song and then walked across the stage one by one to get there certificates. The teacher had written something special about each child in a letter to the parents too. Then we had pot luck. It was fun but not too much.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Aw...I would have loved it if my kids preschool had that! $15 isn't that much and they'd be sooo cute!! Maybe you could sell it to next years graduating class...
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 9:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My olders is graduating on the 29th. (cap, gown, and sash) I think it's going to be cute and a great photo opp.
    lilnivy

Answer by lilnivy at 9:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Are you kidding?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i think having a graduation is cute and would be so neat if my SS had one, but buying a cap and gown seems pretty silly. but i would do it. and the kids love it and feel so proud.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009