Tubes tied..but am I pregnant?

First off I had my tubes tied back in October. My best friend and I have been having sex. We love each other very much, just not that way, and we thought we were safe cause my tubes are tied. We of course didn't use a condom. It's almost the end of the month and I still haven't had a period yet. I know it could just be late, but what if it's not? I'm so scared and worried. I have three kids already and am divorced (all three children are from my previous marriage). Is it possible that this soon after getting my tubes tied I got pregnant???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know... but if he's your best friend and your having sex, are you sure its nothing more?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Take a test...and then you will know.
    Tubal ligation like vasectomy is not 100%...just ask my brother, who is expecting another baby after a vas.
    The likelihood is that you are not pregnant. Just go take a test and then you will know for sure.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I had a tubal ligation, too. It is as effective as birth control, so though chances are slim, there are chances.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 8:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I haven't told him I'm late. I won't until I know for sure...wouldn't want him worrying as well. So hopefully I'm just really late...
    Anonymous

• If you've never been late before and your are now, and have been having unprotected sex. Could mean a baby coming. Are your worred that he won't be your best friend anymore? If your are pregnant the realationship changes drastically.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I've already got it planned that if I am pregnant I will tell him that I promise not to tell anyone it is his and when the baby gets here if he wants to he can just sign his rights over to me and I'll never bother him about it again. He has a girl he is in love with and circumstances are keeping them apart right now, but in 7 months they will get to be together and I don't want this to ruin what he could have with her. That's what worries me the most and ruining what he could have with her...
    Anonymous