Worst timing??

There is no approved Health & Human Services Secretary, Obama hasn't appointed a new director of the CDC yet, there is no official Surgeon General yet, and the bailouts took millions of dollars from the funds for management of infectious diseases. Our country's top cabinet offices are in total disrepair. Bush appointees are still doing their old jobs nearly 100 days into Obama's administration. This is a wonderful time to have a worldwide pandemic of a killer flu. Do you think maybe it was planned by America's enemies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I doubt it. Especially since it originated and is most widespread in countries other than America. Even with old appointees and lack of funds, America is still a top leader in medical research and development. I would think any planned bio-attacks would involve something more menacing than the swine flu...even if its getting more worrisome now.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Not unless they were trying to take out other countries before us.
    Anonymous

• I don't think I would call it a "killer flu". The only deaths have been in Mexico and last time I checked it was 80 out of 2000 known infected.

Did you know that 36,000 Americans die every year from the regular old flu? This info came from a CDC spokesperson I watched on tv this am. It was a clip on my good old local cbs..I listen to their local news and weather every am while getting breakfast for my boys.

I will agree though that the Obama administrion as a whole is in a sad state of affairs. I suppose it is getting hard to find people that actually cheat on their taxes...........
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Worldwide pandemic.....There have been 20 cases in the USA, none deadly.
    In Mexico 150 deaths......
    I think you are going to be OK
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• recheck your facts sweet, you got it all wrong.

Anonymous

• i don't think the timing is the issue rather than the fact that in 100 days he hasn't managed to find staff for these positions. People are starting to see that working for Zero might be a bad idea.
    Anonymous