Do you eat less healthy because its cheaper?

I know some ppl say its too expensive to eat healthier and in some ways I agree. Do you eat easy/cheap meals bacause its all you can afford?

Do you ever splurge on a good steak or anything?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 8:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No I eat less healthy because it makes my taste buds happy, celery tastes like bad grass that the dog might have peed on lol
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 9:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No because it's all I can afford but it is sometimes becaue it's cheap. Damn dollar menus. But it's also because its FAST. If I'm hungry I don't have to wait to cook, I order through a box and eat!
    Anonymous

• Not because***
    Anonymous

• Sometimes. I try to find a balance and save $$. I started going to local farmstands which are really cheaper than grocery store.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It's not hard to eat a healthy meal if you stock up on the good foods when it's on sale. For example, chicken breast was on sale at my store this past week for $1.99 a pound. Instead of just buying what I'd need for the week, I bought extra and froze it until I need it. By the time I almost out, it will be back on sale.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• just more convenient
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I buy meat and other neccesities at the grocery store, then I go to the farmer's market for fruits, veggies, and eggs...not solely because it is cheaper. Mostly because they just taste better. Really do you think the fruit and veggies in the store taste well?? Not in my local grocery stores. Bleh...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Nope. I eat healthy because it's cheaper and well . . . better for us. I go to the farmers market and buy fresh fruits and vegetables every weekend. They are so much cheaper there than at the grocery store. I enjoy cooking from scratch.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Who says steak is good for you? It is cheaper to eat junk you can tell that just by taking a walk in any grocery store. I like canned and frozen things but my other half likes things fresh. If you know how to cook, you can eat healthy and keep money in your pocket.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I actually eat healthy because it is cheaper. I spend 300 a month on groceries and make from scratch meals nightly. I also make our breakfasts. My husband has catered lunch at work everyday it is free to him so he does that. My son takes his lunch usually a healthy sandwich, carrots, apples and broccoli. I eat a lean lunch at home. I buy my fresh produce from the farmers market and use frozen when something is not in season. We have two or three veggies with each meal or a veggie heavy salad, lean meats or legumes and a whole grain sometimes pasta or homebaked bread.

Buying processed and unhealthy food is expensive considering it is not filling and leads to snacking. We don't snack because we are full after our nutrition packed meals. I could not afford to eat junk food we spent 400-500 a month when we did. Not buying soda, chips, cookies, cup cakes and other crap is way less.
    Anonymous