at what age should you start potty training?

what age did you start?
what age were they completly potty trained?
Is your baby a boy or girl

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would start talking it up as soon as they can follow you into the bathroom! They will watch you, and you can talk them through it so that when the time is right that they will be ready. My son was potty trained right around 18-20 months old. Just keep talking about it and let them try if they show an interest! Don't fool yourself into believing that they might be too young!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My son: started at 17 months. He was PT almost instantly. He peed in the potty and I knew it was time.
    My daughter: was 2 1/2-3 and she was pt through the day but still wets through the night. She was a bit more tricky.
    My youngest who is a girl: 2 years of age, and she was pt this week. Not sure about night time though.....we will see in the a.m. :)
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 9:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Sorry! I thought the question said "at what age did you start potty training"!
    Anyways, every child is different. I think there are different opinions on this and there is no right or wrong answer. As you can see, my children were all different.
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 9:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It is different with each child. My son was 3 1/2 yrs old when he was potty trained and he literally trained himself over night!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2009