Which double stroller would you recommend?-Side by side or behind each other

I am looking for a double stroller and would like to know what you all recommend. Anyone have a double stroller? If so is it a side by side one or where they are behind each other. What are the pros and cons of each? I am leaning more towards the side by side one but there are some things that make the other better. Which do you recommend? Thank you in advance.

OneChance

Asked by OneChance at 9:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Shopping

• I have two that are behind each other...I love them. I had one side by side, it was just too hard for me to push. If you want a good workout go with the side by side. LOL. I do daycare so I need the double stroller for my infants...I just find the behind ones easier to push. But the side by side is good because both babies get the same view! I get it out on the days when I need the extra arm workout. HA.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have both. I do prefer the tandum Graco Duoglider that I have, its easier to shop with. With my side by side its hard to get down some of the isles in the stores and it drives me nuts. Mine bug eachother more when they are side by side too.
    Mom2SKMB

Answer by Mom2SKMB at 9:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have the side by side. The cons are the same but different: side by side is a pain to get through narrow doorways or aisles, and the one thats behind is hard to turn sharp corners. Bottom line you hae to decide which one you preffer!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I had one for when I'd help out with the children in my family. The side by side ones can be awkward and don't really fit between racks on isles and some doorways plus its awkward to push it and doesn't steer all that well. I sold that one and bought one of the ones like the ones where they are behind each other but instead they actually face each other. Its awesome and the kids have more space and can entertain each other. I'd strongly suggest you consider getting one like that! GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I love the valco twin runabout that I have for the twins. I had a tandem, and sold it. It was hard to use on the uneven city sidewalks and on curbs. The valco is awesome with its larger wheels. The only tandem that I liked was the double snap n go when the twins were infants.

As far as getting around with the side by side, it's almost a non-issue unless you are in an old building with non standard-width doors. Any stores with racks that are too close together are hard to get through with a tandem too. It's either too long with one or a little too wide with the other. Still can be a problem. But, I've never let it stop me from shopping with the side by side. Any shopping problems are because the kids are screaming....lol...not the stroller.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I hate my tandem stroller, I am getting a side by side as soon as I can. The tandem is to long, I can't hear what the child in front says or even see her for that matter. I hate that it is hard to turn and push, its heavier then I thought it would be. I am getting a side by side so I can see and hear both children and the one I am getting isn't so heavy. You really should go to a store that sells both and try them out in the store first if possible, both have pro and cons and its up to you what you like.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Thank you all for your help!!!!
    OneChance

Answer by OneChance at 9:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• We live by our side by side!! We got the Jeep version from Toys R Us and it was the best gift ever. It is very light and quick to open and close. The babies are comfortable, and we were given netted bags that snapped on the back for each side for extra room. And it leaves so much more room for other things you may need to fit in the trunk.

The cons are the malls. A lot of stores have isles that are too narrow but I never minded because I can not do much shopping with the babies anyway. The other con is..it comes with shades but I didnt think they worked well or I didnt know how to use them right. So the zoo this year we are going to take the other one. Other then that I love my side by side!!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2009