I'm 18 weeks and haven't really felt any movement, is it still to early or should i be concerned?

Even though this is my second child I'm still alittle worried, because my doctor says I should feel more movement and i really havent. Im not sure if i should call my doctor or just wait til my next appointment.

amazingD

Asked by amazingD at 9:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When is your next appointment? If it is more than a few days away I would call.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would call too. That doesn't sound right. You should beel something. Obviously not like in the end of pregnancy but you should feel some little movements. Sometimes it feels like gas though. Hope your lil one is ok.
    Anonymous

• I didn't feel movement until 23 weeks. They say between 20 to 24 weeks you should feel it. It also goes based on your size. Larger women tend to feel it later on as you have more fat protecting you and really small girls at times feel it sooner. I wouldn't worry until you hit 24 weeks if your still not feeling any movement.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Not necessarily... with my fourth baby - you'd think I'd be feeling conception at that point! LOL - I didn't feel his movements until after 20 weeks. He made up for it later!!!!!!!! It worried me a bit because my second and third babies I felt way before that point.... it just goes to show that each pregnancy is very individual.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• ^^ and I'd like to point out that I'm super aware of my body, and by now I more than know what baby kicks feel like. Hence my surprise at it taking so long to feel his movements.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Since you are worried, perhaps you should call the doctor. Likely, though, all is well.

Answer by Bmat at 9:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• my son was inside of me for 36 weeks, and didnt move once. so it all depends on the baby. and he is now a healthy, active 2 year old.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• some people dont feel em till like 26 weeks, it just depends and it wasnt until my 6th month where i could tell if it was just gas bubbles or the actual baby moving, but now i definitely can tell the difference
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• With my first pregnancy, I was told that it would be longer until I felt movement because of the position of my placenta. I'm thinking this go round may be the same. I'm 18 weeks and have felt very few little movements. Not every day.
    JacesMommy627

Answer by JacesMommy627 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009