How Come??

How come when someone brings up illegal immigrants there are so many people on here that defend them and their actions? i do not understand this, they are breaking the law. many say that they are trying to better their lives for themselves and their children, but their are many legal Americans doing the same thing and yet if they break a law to better themselves they are criminal through and through.

so if an illegal gets there family on government assistance to better themselves but if a legal citizen does the same thing then they are the criminal for telling a lie to get assistance. How is that we can say it is ok for one but not the other??

any thoughts ladies??

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 9:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have no clue/ There are so many things done in the US right now that are just plain wrong or even illegal and many just overlook it or even advocate it. I think it must be something in their brains
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If they are breaking the law and going to DSS to get assistance why aren't they being turned in? I think America loves our illegal immigrants, they are cheap labor and they don't cause problems are ask for too much. They are thankful for what little they do have. Again...why aren't they being turned in?
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• the people saying it is okay are probably illegals for one lol...two, some people are just not educated. I understand the want to better one's life but they dont have to be illegal about it...do they?
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I agree with you mrssundin. I am sick of coddling to the illegals in this country. I am sick that they can get health care and food and money and not having to work for it, not having to put into the system to get it. Whereas my husband and I are both working and both going to school and barely getting by but we "make too much" to get assistance (by $40 a month!). My children do have insurance through SCHIP but my husband and I go without! What if one of us gets sick??? We are up a creek. But an illegal can just go, get the care at the hospital, and then walk away without paying. My DH and I would have it put on our credit report if we tried that. We'd have collection agencies calling daily. I have been so tempted to lie on the application to get some help for my kids and my family but I am a moral and ethical person so I do not.
    Anonymous

• I read many of these same posts. I am all for the INS being reworked and revamped and start taking care of business. There are laws in place regarding illegals and they are not followed. I saw the case of a man that has been here 25 years, leads an excellent life, raised 3 wonderful kids all with professions, been here for 25 years trying to become legal. There is something wrong with the amount of time it takes for them to get citezenship. Yet, we have an illegal, President Obama's aunt, that has lived here for like 15 years, in PUBLIC HOUSING, known to be illegal and still here. We should close our borders temporarily to ALL immigrants until this is resolved. Get the ones here either legal or deported then worry about opening the borders back up. No temporary visas, no work visas, no benefits.
    Anonymous

• they aren't being turned in, because I know on the food stamp form, it says that your immigration status is confidential. Why it is, I don't know. They can get assistance for their American children.
    Anonymous

• How do the many foreigners that you see in the restaurant, hotel, motel and gas station business mange to do this without government help? I was in another state one time on the East Coast and not one motel in the area was owned or operated by an American. Not a gas station either. Except just the little Mom and Pop places. How do they come from say, Pakistan, and get a branch of say an Econolodge???????????
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Why do so many people smoke pot and try to justify it while its still illegal. Just the many things that illegally take place in this country every day. Blame the government for allowing this to happen.
    Anonymous

• A criminal is a criminal. If they come to this country illegally, they are criminals, and just as likely to commit fraud, identity theft or any other crime because they are criminals. You can say that they are here to save their families from starvation or make a better life or whatever, but most of them are here from sheer greed, and the knowledge that here they can work the system and because they are criminals.
    Anonymous

• I will not defend illegal immigration. There are laws and rules in place for a reason. There is no reason why if an immigrant wants to come to the US they cant go through the process liek all the other legal immigrants. If they REALLY want a better life they need to play by the rules. Stealing medicine for my sick child may be trying to better my/her life but it doesn't change the fact that what I did was wrong and against the law and it hurt someone
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009