? about your hubby's

Does your husband collect junk, and store it in your yard? Mine does. Everytime I turn around he has bought something else to sit in our yard! He has 3 boats *only one that runs* 8 four wheelers, a racing go cart, 3 dirt bikes, 2 mini bikes. Seriously I feel like white trash...Our yard is the worst around. I'm embarassed!!! What can I do to make him stop??

pamelajqs

Asked by pamelajqs at 9:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Honestly if that was my husband I'd be posting things on FREECYCLE and having people haul it out of there while he's at work. Then I'd say something like "Remember that patio and pool you promised me, well I cleared the junk away so we can FINALLY do it" To me a yard is an extension of the house, you don't your house filled with unworking junk and unfinished projects. I treat my yard like another room, patio, lights, flowers and plants, toys for my son.....I spend all summer in the yard working on my laptop while my son is on his swing set or in the small inflatable pool.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• The difference between men and boys is the size and price of their toys...good luck.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• omg im soo sorry! maybe put it in the back yard so no one sees it? or ask him to stop collecting til he gets each thing up and running that way you can park them elsewhere?
    or if you are a country fan, you could just play that song by montgomery gentry what do ya think about that? really really loud...hehe (sorry its funny my dh keeps his crap in the back yard at least no one sees it unless they are close friends and in the backyard)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I don't know what to tell you to make him stop but just know that it's devaluing your house and the surrounding houses. Does he never finish any projects?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My fionce does that but at least we have a 2 car garage that he can store it in. that way we can hide it. Cleaning the garage is our next chore on our list...that is gonna suck I tell ya but I am SOOOOOOO excited to be able to use our garages...lol
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Noooo way! We're not trash
    Anonymous

• yep. mine too. but mine says hes gonna fix the stuff...
    takes it apart but doesn't find the time to put it back together
    we have 2 boat trailers but only one boat...{that doesn't work}
    I'm still tring to figure that one out.
    We have fourwheelers in the garage, most of them work
    meNmine

Answer by meNmine at 10:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Engines. We have 2 of them that are put together, and 2 that are taken apart. Then there is all this damn metal he has, he does metal work. He built his english wheel, and some of his tools. Then there are the tools themselves. OMG the tools. I can barely get into the garage. Magazines, too. He has them from 1983, he say's 86, but I helped organize them once, a long long time ago. There was one from 83. But I collect stuff, too. So I can only complain so much. But, my stuff is clean, craft stuff. His is not!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• We have a creek between our 3 acres..one half is mine (the house and front yard), then behind the creek over the bridge, is his. He tells everyone who comes over that and they say they can tell! It is a mess on his side too. We have been calling it "the dump" and guess what he did... (sweet)...he bought some fence panels and some posts and put up some privacy fence so I can't see his mess. He made it so you can't see much from the road either. He has picked up quite a bit because I told him I can't take our little one to his side because of all the junk. It looks much better now! Good luck!
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• He loves anything to do with electronics. He has to have the latest gadget.
    Anonymous