birth control...

so i want to be on birth control pills, and i was wondering if i can just go online and order it? i dont have insurance so i dont really want to see a doctor cause that costs more money...

wisteriastars

Asked by wisteriastars at 10:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Health

• I think you can order it from mexico. I think if you go to Planned Parenthood it's cheaper.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• You have to have a prescription. Go to Planned Parenthood, bc pills are like $20 a month.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Are there any free community health clinics near you? I know when I was in high school I got all my bc totally free from the local clinic. I'd be nervous about ordering from another country. And I personally wouldn't support Planned Parenthood in any way.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 10:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• goldenfox: why wouldn't you support PP? I know for sure that the one in my city doesn't mention abortion nor do they perform abortions, they can lose their federal funding if they do so. PP can be a lifesaver for a lot of people that don't have insurance and have nowhere else to go. I don't know of ANY free clinics anywhere.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• If you want to get the real thing online, it is going to cost more than a doctor would.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Go see your doctor. Tell him/her your financial issues. They should be able to give you some samples (my friend took her daughter & the doctor gave her 6 months worth of samples). Do not use online pharmacies-many of them are scams.
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• You have to have a prescription. There are multiple pills out there, and they want to get you the right one. You should look into Planned Parenthood. There are different free clinics out there, but PP is trustworthy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2009