• In the Spotlight:

Potty training dilema please help!

Hello my son will be 3 in July and has been potty trained since Januaray 1st so almost 4 months and hes done great since then. Maybe a accident or two but nuttin bad well now the last like 2 weeks hes been peeing in his pants like crazy. He can do good all day but the minute he has one accident he doesnt go on the potty again he just keeps peeing in his pants until the next day. This is really getting frusterating and i dont know what to do and if this is normal. My babys due the end of June so i would like potty training to be under control by then so we dont have to go through this again. Any help would be greatful thanks!!!!

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's normal to go through at least one major regression like this. Don't go back to pull ups or diapers, just pull through it. It could be that he's sensing things are going to be changing with the baby (have you just had a shower or something?) or it could just be a normal regression. My daughter stopped telling us altogether when she needed to go about 2 months after she was successfully trained. We started back with the rewards and reminded her a lot, but frankly I don't know if any of those things worked... it seemed like it just clicked back into place (about a week after it clicked out of place) and she has far fewer accidents now. Hang in there, and don't give up on him!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It is definitely normal...regressions happen just try and stay consistent and it will pass. Count yourself lucky he is doing so well, my eldest trained so easily my youngest was 3 in March and has no interest in the potty except flushing a bagel bite, "poopy underwear" an r2d2 and a train. Good luck and I am sure it will pass quickly
    cougarkristi

Answer by cougarkristi at 11:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2009