Do you believe that death is pre-determined? If so, do you treat medical illnesses/wounds? Do you believe in being a "full code? Why or why not?

No bashing....just curious.

anetrnlov

Asked by anetrnlov at 10:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know what you mean by "full code" but anyway if your death is predetermined then you would die that time you were suppost to even if you did all the treatments in the world, right? So you take the treatments and if they don't work you die.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Full code means if you go into cardiac arrest they make every attempt to save your life.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 10:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yes, I do believe that we have so many years, days, and hours to be on this planet in the physical. It's already pretty much "set in stone" before you are placed in your mother's womb. With that said, I also believe in taking some necessary measures in order to take care of yourself. IOW, I wouldn't sit in my house bleeding to death if I knew I could get to the ER and get saved. But on the other hand, I don't want to be kept alive by machines if that's all my life was going to be. To me that's just delaying what's "supposed to happen".
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I believe that we have a certain amount of time that we are suppose to live. However, we and others can affect or change that. I think that we don't live healthy and don't take care of ourselves then we can cause our body to wear out sooner than it was suppose to. Or some kid can be careless and stupid with a gun and kill us... does that mean that we were suppose to have been shot for no reason and die? Maybe, but probably not. But I also believe that God can turn ANYTHING into something good in some way if we allow Him to....
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 10:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• O, well yes then I guess I want to be "full code" then lol! I'm only 20 I'm hopeing I can live for a while!
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• A friend of mine once told me that she believes we have several exit points predetermined for us. If we come to the first one, and we're not ready yet, we skip passed it and take another one down the road. That's how I would view things like medical intervention. If you seek them out, you're not ready to take your exit.

I would want the medical team to do everything possible to save my life, however I would not want to be kept alive by machines alone. If there is no brain activity, I'm no longer there anyways, so just let me go!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No, I don't believe it's pre-determined. I know far too many people who've gone before their time & far too many people who - if they'd gone a little sooner - the world would've been a better place.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yes I believe its pre-determined. I would still treatment wounds etc. The Lord provides medicine to help us. If they don't work its His will also. He works all things for a purpose. That's why we (Christians) should feel an urgency in preaching the gospel to help the lost find salvation. One day we will give an account.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• opps sorry about the typo.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• pre-determined, by God, you mean? as in, if i believe in His omniscience (sp?) and He determines when i will die..am i capable of choosing to use medical treatments to correct/sustain life for myself? if so, then, yes, to all three. i don't understand, God or no, why someone wouldn't want to sustain life..unless it was medically-challenged (aka: brain-dead, drs acknowledge death is imminent and quality of life would be null/void.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2009