• In the Spotlight:

The Right Shoe?

This is my other question for my son who walks on his toes,as toddlers we buy the shoe that has the hard bottom from heel to toe, is there a shoe out there for older kids to keep their feet on the ground?

momindistress08

Asked by momindistress08 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I had the same problem with my daughter we found out she had a sist on the ball of her foot that was later removed
    Huffmomfor5

Answer by Huffmomfor5 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• There could be something wrong with his foot. I would take him to a pediatric orthopeadic doctor or sports medicine doctor. My son hops when he walks and it is because he has Severs Disease. It is where the muscles in his feet and legs are growing faster than his bones are fusing, which causes his muscles and tendons to tighten up. i really don't think there are any special shoes you can buy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Toddlers aren't supposed to have hard soled shoes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• A friend used high tops to support the ankle and that helped with the walking.
    Anonymous