my little girl is 5 months old & im thinking of getting her ears pierced but im not sure if i should wait til she can decide

nsaneblubel

Asked by nsaneblubel at 10:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh do it!!! I did at about same time as well. They are fine. Mine did not even cry. P.S. = I thinl it looks so cute on BB girls!
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I see your point on both but in the long run most little girls want them pierced and if they dont then they just dont wear earrings and the hole might close..
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• This is a VERY contriversial subject on here... In my opinion I would deffinatly wait. I never had my ears pierced and for a few years I wanted it but never got around to getting them, and now I'm kind of glad I don't have them done. Its just one more thing to spend money on... plus I personally just couldn't put my daughter through pain that I didn't feel was needed (like shots)... Plus I think she will like them more if she decided to get them herself and old enough to take care of them.... I think its kind of cruel to do to an infant. Not judging anyone who does.... thats just my opinion.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 10:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• wait....what if she doesn't want her ears peirced?
    Anonymous

• I think you should wait and let her decide, not every girl even wants their ears pierced, and what if they get infected, it just seems like alot of hassel to me.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'd wait, just because of my experience with it. I got my daughter's ears pierced at age 2. It really freaked her out, and she would never let me clean it, leading to infection. We removed them so it could heal. Then when she was 5 she asked for it. One got infected and we took it out. She only had 1 earring. One day, she was playing and lost the other earring and the hole closed up. I'm totally waiting till she's much older, maybe 10 or 12 to do it again, if she even wants it. That said, I think it's cute on baby girls too, but keep in mind they can't take care of it themselves, you have to.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Wait.

Her body, her choice.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My vote goes to "wait". I disagree with cosmetically altering a baby's body.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i got my daughters pierced when she was 6 months old. she cried for like a minute and got distracted haha. i figure if she doesnt want them when shes old enough to say so, she can take them out and her ears will heal :)
    sarrrr13

Answer by sarrrr13 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I had my daughters ears pierced when she was almost four months old. She cried for a little bit but it wasn't too bad. She did not get any kind of infection either. I think it looks adorable on her but if you are afraid your daughter may not like it down the road, I would wait. It is really your choice and how you feel about it.
    miyahsmommy2

Answer by miyahsmommy2 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009