why doesn't she listen

my 27 months old will not listen to me no matter what i do i have to tell her like 3 times to stop jumping on the couch and when she does get in trouble ten minutes later it will be the same routine that is only one example there are a lot of things during the day that seems like i am fighting with her she is already "talking back" i go to tell her why she can't do something and she puts her finger up and starts growling at me but she doesnt throw a fit when she goes in t/o she sits there very calmly and apologizes but then a litlle while later it all starts all over again

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• You have to spank her butt. Let her know who is in charge, as right now she thinks she is. If you don't gain control of the situation, Hon, she will be like this forever. No one likes a little wild animal child. It is your duty as her mother to help her become a civilized human being.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like my 2.5 year old...I think it's a phase. They are testing limits.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• if you are against spanking find something else that will freak her out. if she has a fave show she can't watch it (or movie), she has to sit in her room (this pisses my daughter off more than time out b/c she is a people person and i put the gate up and go downstairs), she can't play outside, no snack after lunch...whatever would really make her realize that you are the boss not her. and you just have to do it over and over again until it finally sinks in for her
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• When you figure it out, let me know. I have done, and do, everything suggested here. Mine is 3 and a half. She thinks she's a diva.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• She's testing you thats all. Take away her fav toy for the day tell her she can have if back tomorrow as long as she listens to you. If you are for spanking then next time she does it after you have first tried t/o or the naughty chair then give her one firm spank on the tush.
    - www.RamblingOfaSAHM.com
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 11:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Children need to be CONSISTENTLY rewarded for good behavior and CONSISTENTLY punished for bad behavior. They should always be able to explain the consequences for their actions. We believe that violence should never be the solution to a problem and that striking another human being is an act of violence, so we never spank.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Welcome to the terrible twos! She is testing you and will keep at it. It will take her awhile to learn that she cannot break you if you are consistent...or a very short time to learn she can if you are not. Just keep at her no matter how much she keeps it up and eventually she will get the idea.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2009