my 10 month old..

daughter has been drinking her bottle by herself for awhile. lately ive been laying her down with her bottle when she goes down for a nap or for the night. ive ran into no problems with it. is this okay? shes a bad sleep fighter too and this has worked amazingly to help her go to sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A bottle of what? Water you should be fine but it's going to bite you in the butt when it comes time to get rid of the bottle and then again when it's time to potty train. You should try to get her off of going down with a bottle now.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'd change the bottle to water for 2 reasons.. the obvious one is the tooth issues and formula butthe other is in case she aspirates or refluxes water is a better option... and try giving less and less until your down to a real small amount also try this book The No cry Sleep solution by Elizabeth Pantley
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Does she have a pacifier? The bottle is a BAD idea if you are giving her anything but water in it. My niece got into that habit and had to have her bottle of milk in order to go to sleep, her mom would give in because she just wanted her to go to sleep.. my niece has had two silver front teeth since she was three! Another friends daughter's two front teeth rotted all the way up to her gums and the Dentist had to remove the roots that were left behind.... very painful for the little ones... good luck!
    tazcentral

Answer by tazcentral at 11:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• how about a sippy with water instead?
    Anonymous

• The concerns are that the milk/formula will pool up around her teeth and cause early tooth decay. My mother did this with my brother and he ended up with brown spots on his teeth. Kids at school made fun of him for it until all of his baby teeth fell out.

Just make sure you clean her teeth every morning and after every nap. And if you can, switch to water like the other moms said.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:43 AM on Apr. 28, 2009