Gluten-free diet: dinner ideas?

I am on a gluten free diet and need some good recipes. I have a good beef soup one and some kind of chicken stir fry. I do not like mushrooms, water chestnuts or mixing fruit in with regular food (separate ok as long as its not part of a meal)I have googled recipes and most recipes I find have exactly what I dont like in them. I am kinda new to this diet so if you have some ideas I would be grateful! Thx!~

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 10:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Have you checked things out in your health food store? We have been reducing gluten and have found some great gluten-free products including a rice bran pasta and a pancake/waffle mix.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Oh here--- in a blender put in some fresh parsley (like 2 big handfuls) a can of tomatoe paste (a little one)and a can of stewed tomatoes (a giant one)..blend that
    on the stove top put 2 tbls of EVOO and a finely chopped onion..... when it is soft add a half cup of white wine then pour the blender contents into the pot... this is a great marinara I just eat it plain so do the kids just plain! now you could take this and pour it over some pork chops in the slow cooker and cook for 6 hours on low yummy we had that tonight!
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• rice noodles (or rice or shiratiake) and broccoli with peanut sauce.
    sweet potato and black bean burritos with corn tortila; or mexican lasagne

what are you looking for? wheat free tamari replaces soy sauce; chick pea flour or rice flour or oat flour can replace wheat flour. Just cook your normal meals with gluten free substitues.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I will ask my niece. She went on a gluten free diet. Check out health food stores for pasta and rice and all those gluten free products. GL.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2009