My son has cancer

My son is almost 3 and he has cancer and is having a surgery he is a quad and has an older brother they all tease him and tell him he is ugly and stuff ,I tried yelling at the kids then they said it more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• OMG im so sorry, stay strong i will keep you and your son in my prayers!
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'm so sorry! Bless his heart!
    Anonymous

• That is awful. I am so sorry for your Son. I don't even know what to say about the other kids except I"d do something to stop it before the 3 year old is seriously affected by them taunting him.. my kids know better then to tease or anything when we are out... I have no problem a** fanning for that unacceptable behavior ...and I"m generally not a spanker very rare.. but that oh yeah I would
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Why do you let them? I cannot believe this. I am sorry your son is going through this. I'm sorry you are dealing with this.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Do Not Allow the Behavior! Your 3 yr old is going thru enough! You must teach your kids what is & is not acceptable. There should always be consequences for their decision to taunt & tease. Also, teach them about human compassion. Maybe have them do some charity work! No matter their ages they can help in some way or another. Might also need to talk w/ your other children & see if they are reacting this way out of embaressment. If so work thru this, after all we are all God's children & no matter our inadequencies WE ARE ALL LOVED THE SAME!
    chaster

Answer by chaster at 11:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• First of all the older brother is in your care I assume. You must take whatever disciplinary steps needed to stop the teasing. If it means that the older boy cannot associate with the other boys then that is what it means.

I am truly sorry for your son's health problems, I pray for a successful outcome from surgery.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:40 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• How old is the older brothers? I sat and thought about all the issues that could spring up from watching a child go throught this through another childs eyes. YOur whole family is going through so much. I think it would benifit you all to be seeking profesional counceling. It sucks that your son is teasing his younger brother... but what is the heart issue of it? Discipline may stop the actiosn, but the lack of empathy will remain unless it is delt with.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Hugs hon! I'm sorry.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2009