How do you get someone off your mind?

I have been thinking about an old BF. 9 years ago he joined the Navy. He was stationed is San Diego. We are from PA. So I haven't seen him in 8 years. I never thought I would see him again. Anyway, I have been with my current BF for the last 9 years. One day, about a year ago, I go shopping and I see the old BF. He works at the store I shop at. Bam! Everything came back . All the feelings and memories...There was a reason we didn't work the first time. I know this. I know have a 2 year old with the guy I'm with now. Any Suggestions would be helpful. Thank you for your time.

lincsmom74

Asked by lincsmom74 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I wish I could help you as I am in the same boat as you. Everything is so much harder when you both live in the SAME county and shop the SAME stores and such.
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 10:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Occupy yourself with something to do like reading, exercising, yard work, etc. Maybe talking to someone about it will help too.
    Anonymous

• Shop somewhere else, and otherwise just let the memories/feelings ride out. They will disappear eventually.
    Anonymous

• The more you try not to think of him, is when you'll do most of the thinking about him.So don't try to fight thinking of him. Just know that it's the past and past feelings that have no basis for today. In time it will fade like a distance memory. And like what a PP said, stay busy and shop elsewhere.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Get drunk..
    Anonymous

• To Pervious post. I did. I got drunk and confessed everything to current boyfriend. I'll never do that again!
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2009