• In the Spotlight:

Having more children!!!

Me and my husband have 5 kids 2 boys 4&2 and 3 girls all 2 The Quads are all active and healthy except one has cancer but do you think it would be wrong of us to try for more kids since are child has cancer? My husband thinks it is a bad idea i like the idea!

Huffmomfor5

Asked by Huffmomfor5 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Um what? You have 5 kids and one has cancer and you want to try for more kids because one has cancer?
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yea thats pretty much what im saying
    Anonymous

• So you want to have another to maybe give cord blood or something to the child with cancer or you want another just to replace the one that has cancer? Still confused here.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Well, beyond the fact that I think more than two kids is nuts? **smile**'

Having another child just because one has cancer is not a great idea. And if hubby is not on board, then forget it.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I would not push the issue with DH if he isn't for it. If you get pregnant after he has already said he's not for it then he may resent you. With 5 little ones at home and one that has cancer it isn't fair, in my opinion, to add more of a burden than what you already have. Bless you for wanting more babies, what a wonderful thing that would be.

Did you take fertility meds to get your quads? Just curious...how amazing.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Im confused too lol, you want another child for what reason exactly? And I agree, I would never have another child if my husband didnt want one because a couple needs to be on the same page and that requires makeing many saccrifices.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• It sounds like you have your hands full and your family really needs you to be strong and healthy right now. It takes a great deal of energy and strength to care for a house full of toddlers even if they are all healthy; if you were to become pregnant with multiples again I don't know how you could possibly be able to take care of everyone. I would have to say that it would be in your family's best interest to hold off on your desires to have more at least for a while - they just need you too much right now! You also have to consider your husband's feeling in this matter.

I am sorry you are dealing with childhood cancer. I am sure that is hard beyond belief. I wish you & your family the best.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2009