my baby boy is teething,hell be 3 months old on may 10...i need advice

im a first time mommie,any advice? =/
and any other moms who had an early teether?

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told not to use Baby Oragel because it toughens up the gums and makes the teething harder.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I just bought some teething tablets today at safeway. they work great. they really do help with the pain.
    Natashaheart

Answer by Natashaheart at 11:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Teething tablets (dissolve very quickly & are small)

Counter pressure w/ your finger.

Take a baby washcloth, wet one end & twist, place in freezer.
    When frozen put in your little one's mouth to have him gum. (supervised of course)

Tylenol
    chaster

Answer by chaster at 11:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I used Hyland teething tablets, they dissolve fast in liquid.
    Anonymous

• its okay to do that wash cloth thing with a 2 month old??
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My daughter is 4 months and started teething at 10 weeks. We have used tylenol motrin and orajel. The teething tablets are the only thing that works. Giev them all day and right b4 bed give the motrin or tylenol. Helps them sleep. Also can just give them your finger to chew on. Don't use the orajel, it just washes away within mins. Don't know if it is true but I als heard not to give it b4 they go to sleep because it can numb the throat. GL
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• and yes it is okay to use the wash cloth with a baby that young. You might want to put it in the fridge and not the freezer so you don't chance brusing the gums. If you have any other ?'s feel free to ask me. I might be able to give you a heads up on what to expect in the weeks to come. Just a thought
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• teething tablets are fabulous! So is gentle naturals teething drops (green box with disney characters on it) I bought nipples that have the teething nubs on thenm put them in the bottle rings and then filled just the nipple with juice, water or formula and froze them, then I let my baby gnaw on them (you still have to hold it though) um there is a whinnie teh pooh vibrating teether that is awesome for tiny little mouths also teething toys that have like thin strands of rubber and almost look like a kaledescope. Water teethers work great as well but dont freeze them just chill them in the fridge tylenol helps oragel is a joke! Think about when in your life when you have had mouth or tooth pain did you actually find oragel helped? it just numbs there hole mouth for a while and ticks them off. I also heard that is easy to OD on and can cause seizures when used improperly. Scary considering it doesnt even work right. cont
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• when all else failed and this sounds very strange I would take a medicine dropper (like from infant tylenal drops) and rub his gums with the rubber end. Something about the noise and the feel always seemed to help. I keep around an empty tylenol bottle for that alone and I get some crazy looks let me tell ya! My girlfriend swears by whiskey on the gums but I just couldnt bring myself to do it. It just doesnt seem safe but a shot might help to take the edge off you ;) again not something I ever did, but boy did I think about it
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• my recommendation is teething tablets + tylenol or motrin (whichever you prefer). since the teething tablets are non medicated you can use them with the tylenol/motrin and it's ok. also frozen banana chunks are good. cold wash cloths. massaging (vibrating) teethers sold at many stores including babies r us. you have to be patient. my daughter started teething at 3 months and didn't get her teeth until almost 3 months later. good luck momma
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 11:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2009