Could it be asthma?

My dd is 2 1/2 and every time she runs she starts coughing. Could this be asthma? I'm can't remember if it happens indoors, but it definately happens when she's outside. What could it be?

KaceesMom

Asked by KaceesMom at 11:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe bronchitis? how long has she had the cough? if you hear wheezing it could be a sign of asthma good luck
    erika_g

Answer by erika_g at 2:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Is the cough ONLY when she's active? Does it happen when she's congested only? Not congested? Both?

There is a type of asthma associated with exercise, but in little ones it's difficult to diagnose asthma. (my boys' asthma is aggrevated by colds)

Keep a log of when you notice it happening, what she is doing, time of day, weather, location...any detail you can note...especially if when she stops being active if it stops and how long it takes to stop.

Take the log to the doctor the next time. If you hear her wheezing or see her having difficulty breathing, call the doctor right THEN. (I'm supposed to take my boys in to the ER if they start wheezing)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2009