SEX OFFENDER NEXT DOOR

I just found out today that there is a sex offender living right next door to me, he just moved in about a month ago, I decided to look him up on my states criminal records cause he is a little creepy... Well it popped up, the one thing that I really fear, CHILD SEX OFFENDER/SEXUALLY VIOLENT OFFENDER...I wanna call our landlord and tell them I'm not comfortable with this, should I? My landlord is his landlord too, so I figured "Why did they not do a criminal background check on him?" I have a 3 yo DD that I have to look out for! I will move if necessary!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Deep breaths!! Everything will be okay. Talk to your landlord, and talk to your SO and figure out what to do next. Get some new locks, or extra locks in the meantime. just be careful and take care of what is important to you- your family! So if nothing else makes you feel better- do you have a friends house you and the kids can stay at for a couple days, a week, or however long till you can figure it out?
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 1:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• Ewwwwwwwwww. I would move!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would suggest moving, maybe to a different apartment?
    Anonymous

• What is your landlord going to do about it? Chances are your landlord knows. Your landlord made a poor decision in this case but he's not required to inform you of his new tenants. I understand your concern, but your DD is 3 yrs old, she shouldn't be outside your house alone so I don't understand your panic. Also understand that guys are more than 5 years older than a girl who is 16 or whatever the legal age is in the state can also be brought up on charges and be labeled a sex offender.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Well I've been living in the same house for 4 years now, and he just moved in...Do you think that I would be out of line to call the landlord and ask for him to move????
    Anonymous

• This man is 50! What do you mean you do not understand my panic?!? He could easily come in here when my DH is at work and do something! He has been charged more than once of Sex Crimes, why is he even on the streets??
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry you don't understand my panic. I was raped as a child, brutally raped, the man was never found, I was only 4 and the man came in the middle of the night when I was sleeping. Now do you understand?
    Anonymous

• Call your landlord about it and hopefully he will understand. As a rape victim myself, yes I understand but I work in law and I do know that some of these men out here are charged and labeled sex offenders when they had sex with a girl that was a few years younger than them. It happens. I would suggest you keep everything locked behind you.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I just dont know how I'm going to sleep tonight, and every other night, until him or I am moved!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I would call the police and tell them that you are concerend about the sexualy preditor living so close to you child. Has he said anything to you or her? If so call the police and make a formal complaint. Next call your landlord and tell him you are moving if he doesn't. Good Luck!
    www.RamblingsOFaSAHM.com
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 11:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2009