Annoying hair accessories?!

I am a daycare teacher. I find it extremely annoying when parents send their little girls to school w/ tons of ribbons, barrettes, & clamps in their hair! They always fall out. They get chewed on. The boys take them from the girls & they chew on them, too! There are a couple jars sitting around filled w/ strayed barrettes. Why do they need 20 barrettes in their hair? I get asked several times during the day to put them back in their hair. I am not a hair stylist...this is not a salon! I know they are cute and whatnot...but seriously, why so many hair accessories?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• That sounds like overkill to me.. Sheesh. Im lucky to get her hair pulled back in a ponytail to keep it out of her face, food and paint.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• there is a 4yo boy in my son's preschool class that has an earring..i know girls have them, but they don't play like boys do, usually. you don't see girls wrestling on the ground..i keep thinking this kid's ear is gonna get hurt one day, from it getting stuck or pulled out during their 'normal' play.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 2:00 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• My dd used to put in alot of hair accessories when she was young. It used to embarrass me but she loved them. She was never in daycare so I can see how annoying it could be. Im just saying it could be the kids that want it not the parents...but parents are allowing it. I know doesnt help u any just thinking about it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2009