I feel like no one else see's it my way...

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about six months now. I had my daughter four months ago...and since I had her we havent seen each other much. *she isnt his BTW* Im prefectly fine with it because I dont want either of them to get attached to each other if things dont work out. But no one else see's it my way. My family thinks I should just get out of the relationship and should be with someone that wants to get attached to my daughter and be her dad. But honestly who wants to have that put on there shoulders. IDK...does it make since to any one else. Its scary being a single mom.

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• It's up to you. I wanted to find a guy that wanted to be a "daddy". If that's not what you want then it's not what you want.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• You have to decide for you and your child. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it. Follow your gut instinct and you will rarely be wrong. Let your family flap their lips..and just shine it on. It isn't worth the fight. You have you and a child to protect and provide for.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• hmmmmm..........well yea i completely see were you are comeing from!!!!! 6 mnths not a long time and well you dont want to get them attached and him just leave so she is hurt right ......idk ..........but i do understand were you are comeing from hun
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• In one sense I agree with them.. You are a Mom now.. Your living for 2 people. You have to be very careful who you let into your family. It also isn't a good idea to bring someone in that is temporary ( esp. when baby gets older).. because you don't want your child to see a "revolving door" at your house. All that will perpetuate is a "full circle". Your daughter will grow up to have different men coming and going or get pg. out of wedlock etc. You said since she has been born you haven't seen him much? It has only been a six mo. relationship, it sounds like it will fizzle out on its own. Maybe he is realizing that he isn't wanting to be "instant daddy". Congrats on your new daughter!
    Anonymous